Spray foam insulation Ontario Concord L4K

10 things you should know about spray foam insulation

Spray foam insulation is a spray applied plastic that forms a continuous insulation and a fine airtight barrier on walls, concrete slabs, roofs, wall cavities and corners. It is a type of compound that is composed of 2 products – polyol resin and isocyanate. These 2 products react very quickly and expand when they come in contact to form an expanding form. This form has the capacity to insulate heat, air, unwanted filtration and water vapor.

Spray Foam Insulation

There are basically 3 types of spray foams –

a) High density – used for roofing and exterior
b) Medium density – used for continuous insulation, invented attic application and crack filling
c) Low density – used for the interior cavity filling

Toronto spray foam is always preferred over other types of insulation such as fiberglass and wood as it is more effective and efficient. However, it should be kept in mind that spray foam should always be handled by professional companies as they have a thorough knowledge of the components to be used and the ratio mixture that will be used. Before you proceed with this type of insulation there are 10 things you should know about spray foam insulation –

1) Sprayed foam insulations are actually petroleum products and manufactured from petrochemicals. However, it also means that it will have a large carbon footprint.
2) Spray foams are highly inflammable and will rapidly burn in case of a fire. Houses which have been sprayed with foam insulations are known to burn very quickly and completely. They also produce great volumes of toxic smoke.
3) Soy based foam does sound very ecologically sound but they are not really soy based in the truest sense of the term. This type of foam contains only about 17% soy and the remaining 83% is petroleum based. Although soy based foam insulation contains small amount of soy, these are all primarily based on petrochemical and oil.
4) There is some low density foam insulations that have a tendency to outgas isocyanates and these are something which you should never breathe.
5) The sprayed foam installers, very often, do not fill an entire building cavity with the foam due to the surging cost and the large amount of waste associated with the trimming of foam flush. A building cavity which has been partially filled never performs well and there is also an increase in thermal bridging. On the other hand, cellulose insulation guarantees outstanding comfort and excellent performance.

basement-spray-foam-inslation-in-ontario
6) It takes loads of energy to make foam insulation – as much as 30,000 Btu’s to make just 1 lb of foam insulation. On the other hand, only 750 Btu’s are needed to produce 1 lb of cellulose insulation.
7) Sprayed foam insulation never protects the building assembly against moisture. Foam insulation repels water and although it sounds good, it actually is not. When it redirects moisture and water, foam increases likelihood of corrosion in the adjacent wood and formation of mold.
8) Foam does not have the capacity to deter molds and pests. People tend to confuse foam with cellulose which naturally deters molds and pests.
9) Low density foam insulations do have a habit of creating voids and large air bubbles at the time of expansion and when it cures.
10) The foam insulations have almost zero recycled content which is not really good for the environment.

Spray foam insulation Ontario Etobicoke (South Steeles / Silverstone / Humbergate / Jamestown / Mount Olive / Beaumond Heights / Thistletown / Albion Gardens) M9V

10 things you should know about spray foam insulation

Spray foam insulation is a spray applied plastic that forms a continuous insulation and a fine airtight barrier on walls, concrete slabs, roofs, wall cavities and corners. It is a type of compound that is composed of 2 products – polyol resin and isocyanate. These 2 products react very quickly and expand when they come in contact to form an expanding form. This form has the capacity to insulate heat, air, unwanted filtration and water vapor.

Spray Foam Insulation

There are basically 3 types of spray foams –

a) High density – used for roofing and exterior
b) Medium density – used for continuous insulation, invented attic application and crack filling
c) Low density – used for the interior cavity filling

Toronto spray foam is always preferred over other types of insulation such as fiberglass and wood as it is more effective and efficient. However, it should be kept in mind that spray foam should always be handled by professional companies as they have a thorough knowledge of the components to be used and the ratio mixture that will be used. Before you proceed with this type of insulation there are 10 things you should know about spray foam insulation –

1) Sprayed foam insulations are actually petroleum products and manufactured from petrochemicals. However, it also means that it will have a large carbon footprint.
2) Spray foams are highly inflammable and will rapidly burn in case of a fire. Houses which have been sprayed with foam insulations are known to burn very quickly and completely. They also produce great volumes of toxic smoke.
3) Soy based foam does sound very ecologically sound but they are not really soy based in the truest sense of the term. This type of foam contains only about 17% soy and the remaining 83% is petroleum based. Although soy based foam insulation contains small amount of soy, these are all primarily based on petrochemical and oil.
4) There is some low density foam insulations that have a tendency to outgas isocyanates and these are something which you should never breathe.
5) The sprayed foam installers, very often, do not fill an entire building cavity with the foam due to the surging cost and the large amount of waste associated with the trimming of foam flush. A building cavity which has been partially filled never performs well and there is also an increase in thermal bridging. On the other hand, cellulose insulation guarantees outstanding comfort and excellent performance.

basement-spray-foam-inslation-in-ontario
6) It takes loads of energy to make foam insulation – as much as 30,000 Btu’s to make just 1 lb of foam insulation. On the other hand, only 750 Btu’s are needed to produce 1 lb of cellulose insulation.
7) Sprayed foam insulation never protects the building assembly against moisture. Foam insulation repels water and although it sounds good, it actually is not. When it redirects moisture and water, foam increases likelihood of corrosion in the adjacent wood and formation of mold.
8) Foam does not have the capacity to deter molds and pests. People tend to confuse foam with cellulose which naturally deters molds and pests.
9) Low density foam insulations do have a habit of creating voids and large air bubbles at the time of expansion and when it cures.
10) The foam insulations have almost zero recycled content which is not really good for the environment.

Spray foam insulation Ontario North Peel Regional Municipality (Kleinburg) L0J

10 things you should know about spray foam insulation

Spray foam insulation is a spray applied plastic that forms a continuous insulation and a fine airtight barrier on walls, concrete slabs, roofs, wall cavities and corners. It is a type of compound that is composed of 2 products – polyol resin and isocyanate. These 2 products react very quickly and expand when they come in contact to form an expanding form. This form has the capacity to insulate heat, air, unwanted filtration and water vapor.

Spray Foam Insulation

There are basically 3 types of spray foams –

a) High density – used for roofing and exterior
b) Medium density – used for continuous insulation, invented attic application and crack filling
c) Low density – used for the interior cavity filling

Toronto spray foam is always preferred over other types of insulation such as fiberglass and wood as it is more effective and efficient. However, it should be kept in mind that spray foam should always be handled by professional companies as they have a thorough knowledge of the components to be used and the ratio mixture that will be used. Before you proceed with this type of insulation there are 10 things you should know about spray foam insulation –

1) Sprayed foam insulations are actually petroleum products and manufactured from petrochemicals. However, it also means that it will have a large carbon footprint.
2) Spray foams are highly inflammable and will rapidly burn in case of a fire. Houses which have been sprayed with foam insulations are known to burn very quickly and completely. They also produce great volumes of toxic smoke.
3) Soy based foam does sound very ecologically sound but they are not really soy based in the truest sense of the term. This type of foam contains only about 17% soy and the remaining 83% is petroleum based. Although soy based foam insulation contains small amount of soy, these are all primarily based on petrochemical and oil.
4) There is some low density foam insulations that have a tendency to outgas isocyanates and these are something which you should never breathe.
5) The sprayed foam installers, very often, do not fill an entire building cavity with the foam due to the surging cost and the large amount of waste associated with the trimming of foam flush. A building cavity which has been partially filled never performs well and there is also an increase in thermal bridging. On the other hand, cellulose insulation guarantees outstanding comfort and excellent performance.

basement-spray-foam-inslation-in-ontario
6) It takes loads of energy to make foam insulation – as much as 30,000 Btu’s to make just 1 lb of foam insulation. On the other hand, only 750 Btu’s are needed to produce 1 lb of cellulose insulation.
7) Sprayed foam insulation never protects the building assembly against moisture. Foam insulation repels water and although it sounds good, it actually is not. When it redirects moisture and water, foam increases likelihood of corrosion in the adjacent wood and formation of mold.
8) Foam does not have the capacity to deter molds and pests. People tend to confuse foam with cellulose which naturally deters molds and pests.
9) Low density foam insulations do have a habit of creating voids and large air bubbles at the time of expansion and when it cures.
10) The foam insulations have almost zero recycled content which is not really good for the environment.

Spray foam insulation Ontario Markham Central L3P

10 things you should know about spray foam insulation

Spray foam insulation is a spray applied plastic that forms a continuous insulation and a fine airtight barrier on walls, concrete slabs, roofs, wall cavities and corners. It is a type of compound that is composed of 2 products – polyol resin and isocyanate. These 2 products react very quickly and expand when they come in contact to form an expanding form. This form has the capacity to insulate heat, air, unwanted filtration and water vapor.

Spray Foam Insulation

There are basically 3 types of spray foams –

a) High density – used for roofing and exterior
b) Medium density – used for continuous insulation, invented attic application and crack filling
c) Low density – used for the interior cavity filling

Toronto spray foam is always preferred over other types of insulation such as fiberglass and wood as it is more effective and efficient. However, it should be kept in mind that spray foam should always be handled by professional companies as they have a thorough knowledge of the components to be used and the ratio mixture that will be used. Before you proceed with this type of insulation there are 10 things you should know about spray foam insulation –

1) Sprayed foam insulations are actually petroleum products and manufactured from petrochemicals. However, it also means that it will have a large carbon footprint.
2) Spray foams are highly inflammable and will rapidly burn in case of a fire. Houses which have been sprayed with foam insulations are known to burn very quickly and completely. They also produce great volumes of toxic smoke.
3) Soy based foam does sound very ecologically sound but they are not really soy based in the truest sense of the term. This type of foam contains only about 17% soy and the remaining 83% is petroleum based. Although soy based foam insulation contains small amount of soy, these are all primarily based on petrochemical and oil.
4) There is some low density foam insulations that have a tendency to outgas isocyanates and these are something which you should never breathe.
5) The sprayed foam installers, very often, do not fill an entire building cavity with the foam due to the surging cost and the large amount of waste associated with the trimming of foam flush. A building cavity which has been partially filled never performs well and there is also an increase in thermal bridging. On the other hand, cellulose insulation guarantees outstanding comfort and excellent performance.

basement-spray-foam-inslation-in-ontario
6) It takes loads of energy to make foam insulation – as much as 30,000 Btu’s to make just 1 lb of foam insulation. On the other hand, only 750 Btu’s are needed to produce 1 lb of cellulose insulation.
7) Sprayed foam insulation never protects the building assembly against moisture. Foam insulation repels water and although it sounds good, it actually is not. When it redirects moisture and water, foam increases likelihood of corrosion in the adjacent wood and formation of mold.
8) Foam does not have the capacity to deter molds and pests. People tend to confuse foam with cellulose which naturally deters molds and pests.
9) Low density foam insulations do have a habit of creating voids and large air bubbles at the time of expansion and when it cures.
10) The foam insulations have almost zero recycled content which is not really good for the environment.

Spray foam insulation Ontario Scarborough (Milliken / Agincourt North / Steeles East / L’Amoreaux East) M1V

10 things you should know about spray foam insulation

Spray foam insulation is a spray applied plastic that forms a continuous insulation and a fine airtight barrier on walls, concrete slabs, roofs, wall cavities and corners. It is a type of compound that is composed of 2 products – polyol resin and isocyanate. These 2 products react very quickly and expand when they come in contact to form an expanding form. This form has the capacity to insulate heat, air, unwanted filtration and water vapor.

Spray Foam Insulation

There are basically 3 types of spray foams –

a) High density – used for roofing and exterior
b) Medium density – used for continuous insulation, invented attic application and crack filling
c) Low density – used for the interior cavity filling

Toronto spray foam is always preferred over other types of insulation such as fiberglass and wood as it is more effective and efficient. However, it should be kept in mind that spray foam should always be handled by professional companies as they have a thorough knowledge of the components to be used and the ratio mixture that will be used. Before you proceed with this type of insulation there are 10 things you should know about spray foam insulation –

1) Sprayed foam insulations are actually petroleum products and manufactured from petrochemicals. However, it also means that it will have a large carbon footprint.
2) Spray foams are highly inflammable and will rapidly burn in case of a fire. Houses which have been sprayed with foam insulations are known to burn very quickly and completely. They also produce great volumes of toxic smoke.
3) Soy based foam does sound very ecologically sound but they are not really soy based in the truest sense of the term. This type of foam contains only about 17% soy and the remaining 83% is petroleum based. Although soy based foam insulation contains small amount of soy, these are all primarily based on petrochemical and oil.
4) There is some low density foam insulations that have a tendency to outgas isocyanates and these are something which you should never breathe.
5) The sprayed foam installers, very often, do not fill an entire building cavity with the foam due to the surging cost and the large amount of waste associated with the trimming of foam flush. A building cavity which has been partially filled never performs well and there is also an increase in thermal bridging. On the other hand, cellulose insulation guarantees outstanding comfort and excellent performance.

basement-spray-foam-inslation-in-ontario
6) It takes loads of energy to make foam insulation – as much as 30,000 Btu’s to make just 1 lb of foam insulation. On the other hand, only 750 Btu’s are needed to produce 1 lb of cellulose insulation.
7) Sprayed foam insulation never protects the building assembly against moisture. Foam insulation repels water and although it sounds good, it actually is not. When it redirects moisture and water, foam increases likelihood of corrosion in the adjacent wood and formation of mold.
8) Foam does not have the capacity to deter molds and pests. People tend to confuse foam with cellulose which naturally deters molds and pests.
9) Low density foam insulations do have a habit of creating voids and large air bubbles at the time of expansion and when it cures.
10) The foam insulations have almost zero recycled content which is not really good for the environment.

Spray foam insulation Ontario Downtown Toronto (Kensington Market / Chinatown / Grange Park) M5T

10 things you should know about spray foam insulation

Spray foam insulation is a spray applied plastic that forms a continuous insulation and a fine airtight barrier on walls, concrete slabs, roofs, wall cavities and corners. It is a type of compound that is composed of 2 products – polyol resin and isocyanate. These 2 products react very quickly and expand when they come in contact to form an expanding form. This form has the capacity to insulate heat, air, unwanted filtration and water vapor.

Spray Foam Insulation

There are basically 3 types of spray foams –

a) High density – used for roofing and exterior
b) Medium density – used for continuous insulation, invented attic application and crack filling
c) Low density – used for the interior cavity filling

Toronto spray foam is always preferred over other types of insulation such as fiberglass and wood as it is more effective and efficient. However, it should be kept in mind that spray foam should always be handled by professional companies as they have a thorough knowledge of the components to be used and the ratio mixture that will be used. Before you proceed with this type of insulation there are 10 things you should know about spray foam insulation –

1) Sprayed foam insulations are actually petroleum products and manufactured from petrochemicals. However, it also means that it will have a large carbon footprint.
2) Spray foams are highly inflammable and will rapidly burn in case of a fire. Houses which have been sprayed with foam insulations are known to burn very quickly and completely. They also produce great volumes of toxic smoke.
3) Soy based foam does sound very ecologically sound but they are not really soy based in the truest sense of the term. This type of foam contains only about 17% soy and the remaining 83% is petroleum based. Although soy based foam insulation contains small amount of soy, these are all primarily based on petrochemical and oil.
4) There is some low density foam insulations that have a tendency to outgas isocyanates and these are something which you should never breathe.
5) The sprayed foam installers, very often, do not fill an entire building cavity with the foam due to the surging cost and the large amount of waste associated with the trimming of foam flush. A building cavity which has been partially filled never performs well and there is also an increase in thermal bridging. On the other hand, cellulose insulation guarantees outstanding comfort and excellent performance.

basement-spray-foam-inslation-in-ontario
6) It takes loads of energy to make foam insulation – as much as 30,000 Btu’s to make just 1 lb of foam insulation. On the other hand, only 750 Btu’s are needed to produce 1 lb of cellulose insulation.
7) Sprayed foam insulation never protects the building assembly against moisture. Foam insulation repels water and although it sounds good, it actually is not. When it redirects moisture and water, foam increases likelihood of corrosion in the adjacent wood and formation of mold.
8) Foam does not have the capacity to deter molds and pests. People tend to confuse foam with cellulose which naturally deters molds and pests.
9) Low density foam insulations do have a habit of creating voids and large air bubbles at the time of expansion and when it cures.
10) The foam insulations have almost zero recycled content which is not really good for the environment.

Spray foam insulation Ontario Russell K4R

10 things you should know about spray foam insulation

Spray foam insulation is a spray applied plastic that forms a continuous insulation and a fine airtight barrier on walls, concrete slabs, roofs, wall cavities and corners. It is a type of compound that is composed of 2 products – polyol resin and isocyanate. These 2 products react very quickly and expand when they come in contact to form an expanding form. This form has the capacity to insulate heat, air, unwanted filtration and water vapor.

Spray Foam Insulation

There are basically 3 types of spray foams –

a) High density – used for roofing and exterior
b) Medium density – used for continuous insulation, invented attic application and crack filling
c) Low density – used for the interior cavity filling

Toronto spray foam is always preferred over other types of insulation such as fiberglass and wood as it is more effective and efficient. However, it should be kept in mind that spray foam should always be handled by professional companies as they have a thorough knowledge of the components to be used and the ratio mixture that will be used. Before you proceed with this type of insulation there are 10 things you should know about spray foam insulation –

1) Sprayed foam insulations are actually petroleum products and manufactured from petrochemicals. However, it also means that it will have a large carbon footprint.
2) Spray foams are highly inflammable and will rapidly burn in case of a fire. Houses which have been sprayed with foam insulations are known to burn very quickly and completely. They also produce great volumes of toxic smoke.
3) Soy based foam does sound very ecologically sound but they are not really soy based in the truest sense of the term. This type of foam contains only about 17% soy and the remaining 83% is petroleum based. Although soy based foam insulation contains small amount of soy, these are all primarily based on petrochemical and oil.
4) There is some low density foam insulations that have a tendency to outgas isocyanates and these are something which you should never breathe.
5) The sprayed foam installers, very often, do not fill an entire building cavity with the foam due to the surging cost and the large amount of waste associated with the trimming of foam flush. A building cavity which has been partially filled never performs well and there is also an increase in thermal bridging. On the other hand, cellulose insulation guarantees outstanding comfort and excellent performance.

basement-spray-foam-inslation-in-ontario
6) It takes loads of energy to make foam insulation – as much as 30,000 Btu’s to make just 1 lb of foam insulation. On the other hand, only 750 Btu’s are needed to produce 1 lb of cellulose insulation.
7) Sprayed foam insulation never protects the building assembly against moisture. Foam insulation repels water and although it sounds good, it actually is not. When it redirects moisture and water, foam increases likelihood of corrosion in the adjacent wood and formation of mold.
8) Foam does not have the capacity to deter molds and pests. People tend to confuse foam with cellulose which naturally deters molds and pests.
9) Low density foam insulations do have a habit of creating voids and large air bubbles at the time of expansion and when it cures.
10) The foam insulations have almost zero recycled content which is not really good for the environment.

Spray foam insulation Ontario Burlington South L7S

10 things you should know about spray foam insulation

Spray foam insulation is a spray applied plastic that forms a continuous insulation and a fine airtight barrier on walls, concrete slabs, roofs, wall cavities and corners. It is a type of compound that is composed of 2 products – polyol resin and isocyanate. These 2 products react very quickly and expand when they come in contact to form an expanding form. This form has the capacity to insulate heat, air, unwanted filtration and water vapor.

Spray Foam Insulation

There are basically 3 types of spray foams –

a) High density – used for roofing and exterior
b) Medium density – used for continuous insulation, invented attic application and crack filling
c) Low density – used for the interior cavity filling

Toronto spray foam is always preferred over other types of insulation such as fiberglass and wood as it is more effective and efficient. However, it should be kept in mind that spray foam should always be handled by professional companies as they have a thorough knowledge of the components to be used and the ratio mixture that will be used. Before you proceed with this type of insulation there are 10 things you should know about spray foam insulation –

1) Sprayed foam insulations are actually petroleum products and manufactured from petrochemicals. However, it also means that it will have a large carbon footprint.
2) Spray foams are highly inflammable and will rapidly burn in case of a fire. Houses which have been sprayed with foam insulations are known to burn very quickly and completely. They also produce great volumes of toxic smoke.
3) Soy based foam does sound very ecologically sound but they are not really soy based in the truest sense of the term. This type of foam contains only about 17% soy and the remaining 83% is petroleum based. Although soy based foam insulation contains small amount of soy, these are all primarily based on petrochemical and oil.
4) There is some low density foam insulations that have a tendency to outgas isocyanates and these are something which you should never breathe.
5) The sprayed foam installers, very often, do not fill an entire building cavity with the foam due to the surging cost and the large amount of waste associated with the trimming of foam flush. A building cavity which has been partially filled never performs well and there is also an increase in thermal bridging. On the other hand, cellulose insulation guarantees outstanding comfort and excellent performance.

basement-spray-foam-inslation-in-ontario
6) It takes loads of energy to make foam insulation – as much as 30,000 Btu’s to make just 1 lb of foam insulation. On the other hand, only 750 Btu’s are needed to produce 1 lb of cellulose insulation.
7) Sprayed foam insulation never protects the building assembly against moisture. Foam insulation repels water and although it sounds good, it actually is not. When it redirects moisture and water, foam increases likelihood of corrosion in the adjacent wood and formation of mold.
8) Foam does not have the capacity to deter molds and pests. People tend to confuse foam with cellulose which naturally deters molds and pests.
9) Low density foam insulations do have a habit of creating voids and large air bubbles at the time of expansion and when it cures.
10) The foam insulations have almost zero recycled content which is not really good for the environment.

Spray foam insulation Ontario Nepean (Fallowfield Village / Cedarhill Estates / Orchard Estates) K2R

10 things you should know about spray foam insulation

Spray foam insulation is a spray applied plastic that forms a continuous insulation and a fine airtight barrier on walls, concrete slabs, roofs, wall cavities and corners. It is a type of compound that is composed of 2 products – polyol resin and isocyanate. These 2 products react very quickly and expand when they come in contact to form an expanding form. This form has the capacity to insulate heat, air, unwanted filtration and water vapor.

Spray Foam Insulation

There are basically 3 types of spray foams –

a) High density – used for roofing and exterior
b) Medium density – used for continuous insulation, invented attic application and crack filling
c) Low density – used for the interior cavity filling

Toronto spray foam is always preferred over other types of insulation such as fiberglass and wood as it is more effective and efficient. However, it should be kept in mind that spray foam should always be handled by professional companies as they have a thorough knowledge of the components to be used and the ratio mixture that will be used. Before you proceed with this type of insulation there are 10 things you should know about spray foam insulation –

1) Sprayed foam insulations are actually petroleum products and manufactured from petrochemicals. However, it also means that it will have a large carbon footprint.
2) Spray foams are highly inflammable and will rapidly burn in case of a fire. Houses which have been sprayed with foam insulations are known to burn very quickly and completely. They also produce great volumes of toxic smoke.
3) Soy based foam does sound very ecologically sound but they are not really soy based in the truest sense of the term. This type of foam contains only about 17% soy and the remaining 83% is petroleum based. Although soy based foam insulation contains small amount of soy, these are all primarily based on petrochemical and oil.
4) There is some low density foam insulations that have a tendency to outgas isocyanates and these are something which you should never breathe.
5) The sprayed foam installers, very often, do not fill an entire building cavity with the foam due to the surging cost and the large amount of waste associated with the trimming of foam flush. A building cavity which has been partially filled never performs well and there is also an increase in thermal bridging. On the other hand, cellulose insulation guarantees outstanding comfort and excellent performance.

basement-spray-foam-inslation-in-ontario
6) It takes loads of energy to make foam insulation – as much as 30,000 Btu’s to make just 1 lb of foam insulation. On the other hand, only 750 Btu’s are needed to produce 1 lb of cellulose insulation.
7) Sprayed foam insulation never protects the building assembly against moisture. Foam insulation repels water and although it sounds good, it actually is not. When it redirects moisture and water, foam increases likelihood of corrosion in the adjacent wood and formation of mold.
8) Foam does not have the capacity to deter molds and pests. People tend to confuse foam with cellulose which naturally deters molds and pests.
9) Low density foam insulations do have a habit of creating voids and large air bubbles at the time of expansion and when it cures.
10) The foam insulations have almost zero recycled content which is not really good for the environment.

Spray foam insulation Ontario Cornwall North K6K

10 things you should know about spray foam insulation

Spray foam insulation is a spray applied plastic that forms a continuous insulation and a fine airtight barrier on walls, concrete slabs, roofs, wall cavities and corners. It is a type of compound that is composed of 2 products – polyol resin and isocyanate. These 2 products react very quickly and expand when they come in contact to form an expanding form. This form has the capacity to insulate heat, air, unwanted filtration and water vapor.

Spray Foam Insulation

There are basically 3 types of spray foams –

a) High density – used for roofing and exterior
b) Medium density – used for continuous insulation, invented attic application and crack filling
c) Low density – used for the interior cavity filling

Toronto spray foam is always preferred over other types of insulation such as fiberglass and wood as it is more effective and efficient. However, it should be kept in mind that spray foam should always be handled by professional companies as they have a thorough knowledge of the components to be used and the ratio mixture that will be used. Before you proceed with this type of insulation there are 10 things you should know about spray foam insulation –

1) Sprayed foam insulations are actually petroleum products and manufactured from petrochemicals. However, it also means that it will have a large carbon footprint.
2) Spray foams are highly inflammable and will rapidly burn in case of a fire. Houses which have been sprayed with foam insulations are known to burn very quickly and completely. They also produce great volumes of toxic smoke.
3) Soy based foam does sound very ecologically sound but they are not really soy based in the truest sense of the term. This type of foam contains only about 17% soy and the remaining 83% is petroleum based. Although soy based foam insulation contains small amount of soy, these are all primarily based on petrochemical and oil.
4) There is some low density foam insulations that have a tendency to outgas isocyanates and these are something which you should never breathe.
5) The sprayed foam installers, very often, do not fill an entire building cavity with the foam due to the surging cost and the large amount of waste associated with the trimming of foam flush. A building cavity which has been partially filled never performs well and there is also an increase in thermal bridging. On the other hand, cellulose insulation guarantees outstanding comfort and excellent performance.

basement-spray-foam-inslation-in-ontario
6) It takes loads of energy to make foam insulation – as much as 30,000 Btu’s to make just 1 lb of foam insulation. On the other hand, only 750 Btu’s are needed to produce 1 lb of cellulose insulation.
7) Sprayed foam insulation never protects the building assembly against moisture. Foam insulation repels water and although it sounds good, it actually is not. When it redirects moisture and water, foam increases likelihood of corrosion in the adjacent wood and formation of mold.
8) Foam does not have the capacity to deter molds and pests. People tend to confuse foam with cellulose which naturally deters molds and pests.
9) Low density foam insulations do have a habit of creating voids and large air bubbles at the time of expansion and when it cures.
10) The foam insulations have almost zero recycled content which is not really good for the environment.